Add to Technorati Favorites


Firstly uTorrentis my current fav torrent download software. Its the best software in

smallest package.
Download: hxtp://download.utorrent.com/1.7.5/utorrent.exe (214kb)

After trying out many different settings I am just sharing my best configuration for

utorrent. Obviously your best config may be different because of your network and

hardware etc.

Coming stratight to the point, I have 450kb/s download with 100kb/s upload. You can

check your speed from http://www.speedtest.net/ and make settings accordingly.

Options>Preferences:
Global maximum upload rate (kB/s) = 10
v Allow incoming legacy connections
Global maximum number of connections = 128 (If you don't have bandwidth then more

connections dont mean more speed)
Maximum number of connected peers per torrent = 16
Number of upload slots per torrent = 2
v Use additional upload slots if upload speed <>
v Enable DHT Network
v Enable DHT for new torrents
v Enable Peer Exchange
v Enable scraping
v Pre-allocate all files

Advanced Settings:
peer.lazy_bitfield = *true
net.max_halfopen = *40
peer.disconnect_inactive_interval = *600
diskio.write_queue_size = *2560
diskio.read_cache_size = *2560

I have doubled my speed after these settings. And please note that there is a 8fold

difference in kilobit and kilobyte.(1kilobyte = 8 kilobits).It took me a while to

understand the best settings so I am sharing with you. A well seeded torrent will

download at speed of 18.

SHORT NOTE: Seeders are people who have already downloaded the file and peers are

number of people who are currently downloading the file. You should have more seeders

for good speed.

You can download torrents from here:
http://soflog.blogspot.com/2007/08/good-and-reliable-torrent-seach.html

Add to My AOL Add to Google Reader or Homepage Add to netomat Hub I heart FeedBurner Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe in a reader

0 comments